1. Fill in the online application form attaching the requested documents (cv, artistic picture, etc.).
2. Application deadline: 20 January 2024.
3. Age limit: 35 years of age. The jury reserves the right to make small exceptions.
4. First round: video recording (in the application form, link to YouTube or similar streaming platforms – pay attention that the video is accessible and not protected) with the following programme:
5. Second round - live auditions:
26 and 27 February 2024 at the Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana (Lugano).
6. Application fee of CHF 40.- to be paid via credit card when filling in the application form. The fee will not be refunded in case of withdrawal.
7. Travel, board and lodging costs for the audition are to be covered by the participant.
8. The singers selected for the opera studio are obliged to participate in all opera studio rehearsals and to perform for free at the opera studio performances planned during the Ticino Musica Festival. A double cast will be chosen.
9. To some of the performances, artistic directors of selected theatres or international agents might be invited.
10. The decisions of the jury are final and binding. Legal actions are excluded.
11. Scene and musical preparation, and performances: 1 to 28 July 2024 (rehearsals in Riva San Vitale and Lugano, performances in different places in Ticino, Switzerland).
12. The singers selected for the opera studio must come to the first rehearsal with their role fully memorized, otherwise they will be excluded from the project.
13. No fee is requested for participation in the Opera Studio.
14. The participants will cover travel costs, board, and lodging during the production. The organizers offer participants accommodation during the entire period at a limited cost (approx. CHF 650 for the entire 4-week period) in flats.
15. Each singer who will perform in the above-mentioned roles will receive a scholarship of CHF 1500.-.
16. The scholarships will be given at the end of the Opera Studio, only if the singers have fulfilled all conditions.
17. By applying to the masterclasses, the participant authorises the Ticino Musica Festival to make video and/or audio recordings, to take pictures, to transmit by radio or TV broadcast any of his/her lessons, rehearsals, concerts or Opera presentations, organized either by the Ticino Musica Festival or by selected third-party organizations or individuals. In particular, the participant surrenders to Ticino Musica all the rights of said video and/or audio recordings and pictures for any use that might be relevant to the Festival. The Festival Ticino Musica reserves the right to use all pictures, audio and video recordings for promotional purposes related to the present edition of the Festival or to future editions, or to release the audio and/or video recordings for demonstrational or promotional purposes.
18. Under Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the Confederation’s statutory privacy laws (Data Protection Act, LPD), all persons have the right to the protection of their personal sphere as well as to the protection against misuse of personal data. We adhere to these provisions. Personal data are therefore treated confidentially and are not sold or transmitted to third parties.
19. Our company is committed to protecting databases in the best possible way to avoid external access, loss, abuse or falsification.
20. By accessing the Ticino Musica web page the following information is saved in log files: IP address, date, time, browser request and general information about the operating system or browser. These usage data allow anonymous statistical analyses to be carried out so that we can recognize the various guidelines and adapt our offer accordingly.
21. The present terms of participation may be changed.