1. Applications may be submitted by completing the online application form in which links to the following documents must be provided: CV and link to the video recording of the audition programme.
2. Application deadline: 1 March 2022
3. Minimum age: 18 years of age. The jury reserves the right to make small exceptions.
4. The programme for the video audition, for each instrument, is established as follows:
5. For the purposes of the audition, the programme must be recorded in a maximum of 2 (two) takes: one take for the concert and a possible second take for the extracts. No cutting or editing is therefore allowed within the concert or the extracts. For the concert's recording the piano accompaniment is permitted, but not necessary.
6. Orient the camera so that the candidate and instrument are clearly visible during the video audition. In particular, the face, hands and torso must be visible.
7. Only video recordings are allowed. Audio recordings are not permitted.
8. Video recordings must have been made within the last 6 months.
9. The recording must be uploaded to a video sharing web platform (preferably YouTube or Vimeo) and the links must be shared with Ticino Musica along with the application. Links to files on Dropbox, GoogleDrive, WeTransfer or similar are not allowed. The videos must be viewable from the browser without having to download files or enter passwords. The jury should therefore be able to watch the videos without restrictions at the time of selection. Consequently, the links must remain valid at least until the end of June.
Example link: https://youtu.be/ZuB6r1f18Gg
10. Application is free, so the audition is free of charge.
11. The selected musicians undertake to participate in all rehearsals and to perform free of charge in the performances scheduled during the Ticino Musica Festival.
12. Musicians who are not chosen at the auditions have the opportunity to participate in one of Ticino Musica's advanced training courses under the conditions laid down in the course regulations, with the opportunity to benefit from a special 20% discount on the course fee.
13. The decisions of the jury are final. Legal action is excluded.
14. Schedule of rehearsals: from 18 to 30 July 2022 (the exact dates of the concerts will be communicated together with the results of the first selection).
15. Selected candidates must arrive on the day of the first rehearsal well prepared, otherwise they will be excluded from the project.
16. No fee is requested for the participation in the Ticino Musica Festival Orchestra.
17. Travel costs, board and lodging during the production dates are to be covered by the participants.
18. The selected musicians who will perform during the Festival will receive a scholarship of CHF 1’000.- (as partial coverage for expenses).
19. The scholarships will be given at the end of the Festival, only if musicians have fulfilled all conditions.
20. By applying to the Festival Orchestra, the participant authorises the Ticino Musica Festival to make video and/or audio recordings, to take pictures, to transmit by radio or TV broadcast any of their lessons, rehearsals, concerts or events, organized either by the Ticino Musica Festival or by selected third party organizations or individuals. In particular, the participant surrenders to Ticino Musica all the rights of said video and/or audio recordings and pictures for any use that might be relevant to the Festival. The Festival Ticino Musica reserves the right to use all pictures, audio and video recordings for promotional purposes related to the present edition of the Festival or to future editions, or to release the audio and/or video recordings for demonstrating or promotional purposes.
21. Under Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the Confederation’s statutory privacy laws (Data Protection Act, LPD), all persons have the right to the protection of their personal sphere as well as to the protection against misuse of personal data . We adhere to these provisions. Personal data are therefore treated confidentially and are not sold or transmitted to third parties.
22. Our company is committed to protecting databases in the best possible way to avoid external access, loss, abuse or falsification.
23. By accessing the Ticino Musica web page the following information is saved in log-files: IP address, date, time, browser request and general information about the operating system or browser. These usage data allow anonymous statistical analyzes to be carried out, so that we can recognize the various guidelines and adapt our offer accordingly.
24. The present terms of participation may be changed.
25. The terms and conditions in the Italian language are legally binding.
26. Student residence with full board: flat rate CHF 850.- (arrival 17 July, departure 31 July), including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Modern double rooms with bathroom, kitchen, internet access, and communal washing machine. Towels are not included. Interested participants can also communicate the name of the person with whom they wish to share the room.
27. Those wishing to stay in a single room must pay a supplement of CHF 200.
28. Requests for accommodation must be received by 30 April at the latest. Accommodation bookings will only be confirmed once the organisation has received the initial fee of CHF 400, payable by 15 May. The balance must be paid in full by 30 June and in any case before the start of the courses, either by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) via the link sent with the confirmation or by bank transfer (see details below). The balance can also be deducted from the scholarship. In case of cancellation, the fees paid will not be refunded. Refunds will only be made if the course is definitively cancelled by the artistic direction.
29. Those wishing to pay for accommodation by bank transfer should do so to the following account:
Name of the bank
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino
SWIFT code: BSCTCH22
Account number 4267662/001.000.001
casella postale 722