Application and auditions
- Applications may be submitted by compliting the online application form. The following documents should be attached to the form: cv, artistic picture, audio or video recording with the programme specified below.
- Application deadline: 20 February 2017
- Age limit: 35 years of age (born after 21 February 1982) The jury reserves the right to make small exceptions.
- First round: video or audio recording attached to the online application form, containing one Aria (free choice) by W. A: Mozart in Italian (we also accept links to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.).
- Second round: selected singers will have to make a live audition that will take place on 2nd, 3rd and 4 April 2017 at the Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana (Lugano). For said audition, candidates are requested to perform 2 Arias (free choice) by W. A. Mozart in Italian, one of which must be from Così fan tutte.
- Application fee of CHF 40.- to be paid via credit card when filling the application form, or to be paid by bank transfer not later than 5 days of the application (bank coordinates: BANCA DELLO STATO DEL CANTONE TICINO, 6501 Bellinzona; SWIFT code: BSCTCH22; SIC/Clearing code: 764; BIC: BSCTCH22XXX; account holder: Ticino Musica, Lugano; IBAN: CH69 0076 4426 7662 C000 C). Bank expences to be covered by the sender. The fee will not be refunded in case of withdrawal.
- Travel, board and lodging costs for the audition are to be covered by the participant.
- The chosen singers are obliged to participate to all rehearsals and to perform for free at the opera events planned during the Ticino Musica Festival. A double cast will be chosen.
- To some of the performances, artistic directors of selected theatres or international agents might be invited.
- The singers who will not be chosen have the possibility to participate to the Ticino Musica Masterclasses at the conditions contained in the corresponding terms of participations. They will also benefit from a 20% discount on the course fee.
- The decisions of the jury are final and binding. Legal actions are excluded.
- Scene and musical preparation, and performances: 19 June 2017 to 25 July 2018, venues still to be defined. It might be that extra performances are programmed until 31 July 2018.
- The chosen candidates must come to the first rehearsal knowing their role by heart, otherwise will be excluded from the project.
- The edition to be used is still undefined.
- No fee is requested for the participation.
- Travel costs, board and lodging are to be paid by the participants.
- There will be scholarships available for the singers who will perform in the above mentioned roles. (CHF 1’000.- per singer).
- The scholarships will be given at the end of the Opera Studio, should singers have met all conditions. The scholarship holders and the amounts will be irrevocably decided by the Artistic Commission composed by the Artistic Director of Ticino Musica, the musical director and the scene director.
Pictures, audio and video
- By applying to the masterclasses, the participant authorises the Ticino Musica Festival to make video and/or audio recordings, to take pictures, to transmit by radio or TV broadcast any of his/her lessons, rehearsals, concerts or Opera presentations, organized either by the Ticino Musica Festival or by selected third party organizations or individuals. In particular, the participant surrenders to Ticino Musica all the rights of said video and/or audio recordings and pictures for any use that might be relevant to the Festival. The Festival Ticino Musica reserves the right to use all pictures, audio and video recordings for promotional purposes related to the present edition of the Festival or to future editions, or to release the audio and/or video recordings for demonstrational or promotional purposes.
- The present terms of participation may be changed
- The participation rules in the Italian language shall be legally binding.