Auditions for piano accompanists for the opera studio
- 5 and 6 March 2018
- Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, via Soldino 9, Lugano
- Candidates of all nationalitites are welcome. Age limit: 30 years old (born after il 01.01.1988)
- To play and sing (by reference) an aria, a recitativo secco and en ensemble piece freely chosen from the opera l’Italiana in Algeri
- Based on the number of applications, the evaluation commission reserves to right to make a pre-selection based on curriculum and recording. Candidates will be informed on due time.
- Rehearsals and performances from 18 June until the end of July 2018 in Ticino, Switzerland (exact dates and rehearsal schedules will be communicated separately). Should extra performances be planned outsied of Ticino, information will be provided during the audition.
- Selected pianists must perform during all rehearsals and performances of the Opera during the Ticino Musica Festival, as well be perfectly prepared for the first day of rehearsals.
- For their participation in the Opera Studio, pianists wil be awarded a scholarship that may also be used for covering travel, accommidation and maintenance costs. The scholarship will be paid at the end of the production period (September 2018), should all requirements have been met by the participant.
- Travel, accommidation and maintenance costs should be covered by the participant.