Auditions for piano accompanists for the Opera Studio
- Production: Don Pasquale, by Gaetano Donizetti
- When: 3, 4 e 5 March 2019
- Where: Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, via Soldino 9, Lugano
- Application deadline: Applications are open until 18 January 2019
- Conditions: Candidates of all nationalities are welcome. Age limit: 35 years old (born after il 19 January 1984). The jury may decide on exceptions of small entity. Selected candidates that participate in the Opera Studio and respect its terms and conditions will be awarded a scholarship of CHF 1500.-.
- First round (recording): candidates must send a recording with 1 solo piece (free repertoire) and 1 piece where they accompany a singer
- Second round (live audition): 1 sing and play rehearsal without conductor of a piece from Don Pasquale chosen by the auditions commission, and a second sing and play rehearsal with another piece from Don Pasquale, directed by one of the candidates of the auditions for conductors.
The commission that will evaluate all auditions is formed by:
- Umberto Finazzi, Musical Director “Silvio Varviso” international Opera Studio
- Stefanie C. Braun, Scene Creator
- Gabor Meszaros, Artistic Director Ticino Musica
How to apply
In order to apply, please fill the application form (available from 15 November), to which the following documents should be attached: copy of ID or passport, cv, artistic picture, recording (audio or video) of audition material (see above). A CHF 40.- application fee must be paid with a credit card during the application procedure.
In case of doubt, please read the Opera Studio’s terms and conditions, or contact us.
Terms & Conditions