Auditions for singers for the Opera Studio
- Production: Don Pasquale, by Gaetano Donizetti
- Auditions: 2nd March
- Where: Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, via Soldino 9, CH-6900 Lugano (CH)
- Application deadline: Applications are open until 18 January 2019
- Conditions: singers from all nationalities are admissible. Age limit: 35 years (born after 19 January 1984). The jury may decide on exceptions of small entity. Selected candidates that participate in the Opera Studio and respect its terms and conditions will be awarded a scholarship of CHF 1500.-.
It is now officially opened the call for applications for the “Silvio Varviso” International Opera Studio, 2019 edition. For the production of Don Pasquale by Gaetano Donizetti, we are looking for the following singing roles
- Norina, soprano
- Ernesto, tenor
- Malatesta baritone
- Don Pasquale, bass
Candidates will have to send a recording of them with a two freely chosen arias, one of which should preferably be from Don Pasquale, and the other one by Donizetti, Belllini or Verdi, in Italian.
The commission that will evaluate all auditions is formed by:
- Umberto Finazzi, Musical Director “Silvio Varviso” international Opera Studio
- Stefanie C. Braun, Scene Creator
- Gabor Meszaros, Artistic Director Ticino Musica
How to apply
In order to apply, please fill the application form (available from 15 November), to which the following documents should be attached: copy of your ID or passport, cv, artistic picture, recording (audio or video) of audition material (see above).
In case of doubt, please read the Opera Studio’s terms and conditions, or contact us.
Terms & Conditions