Auditions for string quartets for the Opera Studio
- Production: Don Pasquale, by Gaetano Donizetti
- When: 3, 4 e 5 March 2019
- Where: Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, via Soldino 9, Lugano
- Application deadline: Applications are open until 18 January 2019
- Conditions: Average age of quartet members, 30 years old. Age limit for individual members: 35 years old (born after il 19 January 1984). The jury may decide on exceptions of small entity. Selected candidates that participate in the Opera Studio and respect its terms and conditions will be awarded a scholarship of CHF 1500.- (per ensemble member).
The quartet that will be selected:
- will perform in one or more concerts during the Ticino Musica 2019 Festival as a quartet in residence;
- will be part of the instrumental ensemble of the Opera Studio (rehearsals and presentations between 26 June and 24 July);
- will be automatically enrolled in the Ticino Musica Academy course for chamber music (lessons as quartet);
- will receive a scholarship of CHF 6000.- (CHF 1500.- per ensemble member);
- will receive free lodging (apartment for 4 people) from 26 June to 24 July.
- First round (recording): video recording of the first movement from a quartet of the classical period (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert);
- Second round (live audition): the same first movement from the above mentioned quartet and a piece from Don Pasquale (indicated by the admissions commission); the quartet will be conducted by one of the candidates to the audition for conductors (on their third selection);
The commission that will evaluate all auditions is formed by:
- Umberto Finazzi, Musical Director “Silvio Varviso” international Opera Studio
- Stefanie C. Braun, Scene Creator
- Gabor Meszaros, Artistic Director Ticino Musica
How to apply
In order to apply, please fill the application form (available from 15 November), to which the following documents should be attached: copy of ID or passport of each member of the ensemble, cv (of the quartet and of each member of the ensemble), artistic picture (of the ensemble), and a video recording of the audition programme. A CHF 40.- application fee must be paid with a credit card during the application procedure.
In case of doubt, please read the Opera Studio’s terms and conditions, or contact us.
Terms & Conditions