- Participants in the masterclasses are divided into two categories: Active and Observer. There is no limit for observer participants
- Applications for active participants will be accepted until the deadline. If the limit of active participants will be reached, participants will be asked to audition with a recording. In case of doubt, it will be the teacher to decide whom to accept as an active or observer participant. Applications can be accepted also after the deadline if there are still places available
- For those participants who are interested in chamber music activities, we offer the possibility to participate in chamber music ensembles, depending on the level, the availability of other musicians for the ensembles, and in agreement with the teachers
- Teacher will be always assisted by a professional piano accompanist
- At the end of the course, a certificate of participation will be issued for all participants
- Participant who will demonstrate an outstanding preparation will be selected for taking part on the Festival concerts
Application and payment
- Fill in the application form online and pay the deposit (CHF 150.- or 250.- according to the course) with credit card directly online, bank transfer or postal order. Bank account details for bank transfer:
Name of the bank
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino
SWIFT code: BSCTCH22
Account number 4267662/001.000.001
casella postale 722
The enrolment and the accommodation (if requested) will be confirmed only after having received the application fee. The fee will not be refunded in case of withdrawal. Refunds will be paid only if the class is cancelled by the organizers. The course fee must be paid in full before the beginning of the masterclass either at the Festival Office with cash in Swiss francs or Euro (we do not accept any other currency), or before your arrival with credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) through the link you will find on the confirmation letter, or by bank transfer (see details above)
- Special offer: early bird applications receive a discount on the participation fee. See individual teacher pages for details.
- Application deadline: 31 May 2019. After this date, applications will be possible only if places will be still available
Cost of the course
- Application fees: For the costs, see the details for each course.
Rights of active participants
- Enrolled active participants are entitled to:
- active participation to the chosen course;
- active participation in chamber music lessons and concerts (for the concerts only on the recommendation of the masterclass teacher or of the artistic director);
- collaboration with the contemporary music laboratory (composition masterclass, depending on the course demands);
- free entrance to all Ticino Musica concerts;
- free use of all studying rooms, instruments and material exclusively and explicitly available to participants;
- free participation in complementary courses;
- free participation as listener to all other courses;
Rights of listener participants
- Listeners are entitled to free entrance to all courses and concerts.
- Each year Ticino Musica offers a few scholarships for those students that are in need of a little extra help to be able to participate to the courses. If you believe you are one of these students, please send us a request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the following information:
- your curriculum vitae (both academic and artistic)
- proof of your financial situations, or the one of your family
- a recording with at least two pieces of a different period
- indication of the amount of money you will be able to put together for the course
- Lodging in private houses, starting at around CHF 250.- for two weeks (no food included; meal tickets are available as per point 17)
- Lodging in students’ residence with full board, CHF 850.- (cost for 10-days courses is CHF 750, cost for 1-week courses is CHF 450,). Meals included in the agreement: breakfast, lunch and dinner for two weeks (Sundays excluded). Modern rooms (double or single) with WI-FI connection, air conditioning (not all rooms), and shared laundry room. Towels are not included. If you want to confirm the booking of a room, you’ll be asked to pay for a deposit of CHF 250.-
- Hotel: the organizers will suggest Hotel accommodation corresponding as closely as possible to the requests of the participants. Participants will have to deal with the booking procedures by themselves. Accommodation is possible in the following categories:
A – two/three-star-hotel (CHF 120.-)
B – one/two-star-hotel (CHF 90.-)
C – youth hostel (CHF 50.– limited places)
The prices are approximate, per person, per day, (two- or three-bed rooms). Single rooms, if available, cost about 30-50% more.
Full board service
- Meals will be available at the Mensa. Tickets can be bought at the Ticino Musica Office in Lugano at the price of CHF 12.- for lunch and dinner, and CHF 6.- for the breakfast.
Pictures, audio and video
- By applying to the masterclasses, the participant authorises the Ticino Musica Festival to make video and/or audio recordings, to take pictures, to transmit by radio or TV broadcast any of his/her lessons, rehearsals, concerts or Opera presentations, organized either by the Ticino Musica Festival or by selected third party organizations or individuals. In particular, the participant surrenders to Ticino Musica all the rights of said video and/or audio recordings and pictures for any use that might be relevant to the Festival. The Festival Ticino Musica reserves the right to use all pictures, audio and video recordings for promotional purposes related to the present edition of the Festival or to future editions, or to release the audio and/or video recordings for demonstrational or promotional purposes.
Terms & conditions acceptance.
- Enrolment to the courses implies full acceptance of these terms of participation. In the event of any disputes, the terms of participation in the Italian language shall be legally binding.
Participants waive all rights to initiate legal proceedings against the Festival.
For matters not explicitly specified in the terms of participation, we refer to Swiss law and especially to the Swiss Code of Obligations and the laws governing the specific matter. The present rules of participation can be changed for organisational reasons; already enrolled participants will be informed about the changes.
Information on privacy protection
- Under Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the Confederation’s statutory privacy laws (Data Protection Act, LPD), all persons have the right to the protection of their personal sphere as well as to the protection against misuse of personal data . We adhere to these provisions. Personal data are therefore treated confidentially and are not sold or transmitted to third parties.
- Our company is committed to protecting databases in the best possible way to avoid external access, loss, abuse or falsification.
- By accessing the Ticino Musica web page the following information is saved in log-files: IP address, date, time, browser request and general information about the operating system or browser. These usage data allow anonymous statistical analyzes to be carried out, so that we can recognize the various guidelines and adapt our offer accordingly.